Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So it's 12am..

It's 12am and I have decided that I need to be more conscious of what I do throughout the day. Although I am passionate about trying to improve the environment by being less wasteful and using the resources I have responsibly, I still feel that I am not doing enough. I still find myself using plastic bags at the grocery store because I forgot one of the 20 reusable bags I have at home. I am still wearing clothing that are made out of synthetic fibers, which will eventually add to the mounting landfills. Although I only live 5 minutes from both work and grad school, I am still using my car for transportation rather than riding my bike or using public transportation. Despite all this, I am trying to realize what I do on a daily basis and find ways to cultivate a healthier lifestyle.

We can all find ways (little or big) to help create a healthier world and by taking note of what you do everyday can help you realize the areas where you can improve. Why not tomorrow, take a notebook and jot down everything you do. At the end of the day, read back what you did and try to find alternatives to all the little things. Can you switch your hair products to a non-toxic and biodegradable product or can you find a way to live without the air conditioner? Small changes or large, they all make a difference.

Thanks for being green!

No comments:

Post a Comment