Thursday, October 6, 2011

A New Face for Sustainability

I came across an article from Architectural Digest "AD Innovator: Bjarke Ingels" as I was sipping my morning coffee. It reminded me of a great lecture I attended last year where I listened to Bjarke speak about his architectural projects. It was a wonderful lecture and it created a desire to try to obtain at least a percentage of  what he has achieved. An inspirational part of what he does is that he has taken the sustainability trend and expanded it to a level above the average mans understanding. He has gone beyond using eco-friendly materials and incorporated features that can reduce a buildings energy consumption by at least 60%. It's more than reuse and recycling, it's thinking about energy and reducing negative climatic impacts that a building can have in and around a city.

What's even more amazing, is that this innovative architect hasn't even reached 40. He has accomplished an amazing amount in his young years and I am looking forward to seeing what he has to offer within the next few years. To find out more about what he has done and to take a look at some of his projects, read this months AD Innovators article.

No comments:

Post a Comment